Pages


Friday, February 19, 2010

What is CIBIL?Role Of Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited

What is CIBIL?


CIBIL acts as weeding mechanism, that helps identify poor repayment track records. It helps protect lenders from giving credit to people and establishments who are unlikely to repay what is lent. Even if credit is provided, it is done so at a very high rate of interest, thereby ensuring that the bank is able to recover a considerable sum of money even if a default happens some time into the loan tenure.

The truth is today people spend more than our grandparents or parents ever did. Increasing incomes, desire to own a house in one’s early twenties, availability of variety in lifestyle and brand choices, a booming economy, growing number of enterpreneurs, new business establishments etc., are leading to a tremendous amount of money outflow. Money rotation is a key factor in a progressive economy and this means there is a lot of lending. How does one keep a tab on all the credit lent and how does one identify defaulters and refrain from lending to them again and again?
The government of India and RBI got together to bring CIBIL into existence. Currently Banks, Financial Institutions, State Financial Corporations, Non-Banking Financial Companies, Housing Finance Companies and Credit Card Companies are Members of CIBIL.
The idea behind setting up CIBIL is to gather all exisiting consumer and commercial credit information and pool it in a one point source for reference. As in an individual or commercial establishment could have accounts in several banks and credit from different lending institutions. All such data can be pulled out for a quick reference check on the individual or commercial establishment, seeking loans, to be aware of the repayment track record of the loan seeker and quickly decide on loan eligibility.

CIBIL acts as weeding mechanism, that helps identify poor repayment track records. It helps protect lenders from giving credit to people and establishments who are unlikely to repay what is lent. Even if credit is provided, it is done so at a very high rate of interest, thereby ensuring that the bank is able to recover a considerable sum of money even if a default happens some time into the loan tenure.

On the flip side, if you have an impeccable repayment track record, you can reap benefits from it! Banks provide a lower interest rate for sound credit profiles and these `Credit Information Reports’ can work to your advantage. It also helps lenders and Banks quickly process a loan, without wasting valuable time on research and background check of the loan applicant.
To protect creditors information CIBIL has stringent security measures in place. Only members of CIBIL can access the info and even they can do so only on a requirement basis.

src-bankbazaar

4 comments:

Ravinder said...

Hello Sir,
I am facing a lot of problem regarding which i need some expert guidance.

I Ravinder Kumar Budhiraja and my DOB is 09-10-1981 . I have never take credit card from any bank but when apply a loan from bank bank told me that ur name is in CIBIL .and your a/m is 96270 is pending . But I know that I have never ever receive credit card from any bank .So kindly please let me know that how to know the name of the bank it is and to whome should i contact for ..? I have contacted the CIBIl by sending them lots of Email but I don’t think so that they people are in the mood for giving me any support, they just asking me the money and when I raised the issue at Consumer Court http://www.consumercourt.in/personal-loan/12006-defaulter-list-cibil.html they just told that I have a strong reason to drag the Bank to the Consumer Forum .If any one have any idea or faced such issue in past or facing such issue please contact me I need some help in Removing my name from defaulter list and form a group to fight against such agency who are forcefully taking our hard earned money.

Regards
Ravinder

Unknown said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have very enjoyed. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Its a really very impressive blog.
consumer credit counseling

Unknown said...

I had no idea my credit was bad. The guys at Credit Sudhaar analysed my report. The process took some time but my credit was restored, enhanced and protected. I have no reason for complaints.

Unknown said...

My loan was rejected. Credit Sudhaar was my choice. Initially they were slow. But their counsellors were able to handle all my queries. I will give Credit Sudhaar a positive review

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...